Sunday, August 24, 2014

my new office

Yup - my new office away from home this year is bright shiny yellow.

After 3 weeks of intense training (I kid you not) I have a new driver’s license class (B) and a new job starting, you guessed it, the first day of school.

So, that is my excuse for not posting here the last while since I’ve been very busy learning how to handle a 40 foot bus.

I don’t have too many kids on my route, and I’m actually driving a small van-sized bus, but I’m still fully qualified for the big boys.

My route takes me on a forty km run mostly on dirt roads through the countryside, and I’m liking the fact that the hours are steady with all weekends and holidays off.

And no, the pay is not great, but it is, well, pay.

Board games, as you may or may not know, cost money.

So, there you have it. My new office job.

As for other things in my life like tennis and reading . . . well, let’s just say they have taken a back seat the last month or so.

But - I should be getting back into both of these once I get sorted out job wise.

I did manage to do another board game play through series though this month, and am now planning another for September - so there is that.

I also managed two trips this month too - one to the Stratford and Shaw festivals (my wife and I saw 6 plays in 5 days) and the other to the great white north to visit my folks . . .

In retrospect, I have been busier this month than I have been in years . . . which, I believe, is a good thing.

Idle hands and all that.

Well, that about wraps up the big news for me.

Try as I might to post once a week here, I can’t promise anything for sure.

And so . . .

Until the next Sunday . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment